This module adds text-to-speech function to the website with WebSpeech library.
- A default speech server is configured, which supports Cantonese, Mandarin (Chinese) and languages those Ekho TTS and eSpeak TTS suports.
- Some examples are included in source code.
- A control block is pre-built. Just show it on your website and your website can be read itself in both Chinese and English.
- Libraries API
- WebSpeech library
- Flash 9+ is required on client web browser. Modern browsers those support HTML5 may also work but not guaranteed.
You should setup your own text-to-speech server instead of the default one if your website has quite a number of visitors. You can find information about how to setup a TTS server in WebSpeech home.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 88 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,312
- Last modified: 2 December 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.