This module allows client-side and server side actions to be defined and subscribed to.
The actions people take on your site could be of interest to you for any number of reasons - gamification, site analytics, personalization, etc. This module comes with some common actions predefined (e.g. visitor registers on the site, visitor submits any form, visitor scrolls to the bottom of the page) and is extremely extensible, allowing custom actions to be defined via an admin UI, or in code, or indeed using Rules module.
The sub-module Visitor Actions UI provides an extremely intuitive UX for defining these actions right from the front-end of your site: you navigate to the page where the desired action would take place and select the thing (link, form, the entire page) on which the action will be performed.
Once actions have been defined, it is up to the consuming code, be it a module for gamification, analytics, personalization or anything else, to subscribe to that action.
- Visitor Actions module
- Visitor Actions UI
- Personalize module uses Visitor Actions module to track goals for campaigns that do machine-learning based personalization.
Installation & Use
- Enable Visitor Actions and Visitor Actions UI along with dependent modules and libraries.
- Go to admin/structure/visitor_actions and click on "Add action in context"
- You can now navigate to the page where you want to add an action.
- Once on the correct page, click on a link or a form, or click on the "Add page action" button if you want to add an action on the entire page.
- In the form that pops up, edit the name of the action as desired, select the type of action to create, and if desired modify options in the Advanced Options, e.g. the list of pages this action should be tied to.
- Click Save.
- Implement visitor_actions_subscribe in your module that needs to react to this action. See visitor_actions.api.php.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 862 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 17,492
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: February 19, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.