Adds a random order handler with seed. If a constant integer argument N is specified in the sql RAND() function, it is used as the seed value, which produces a repeatable sequence of column values. This makes it possible to have paging and not having items show up twice.
It's also possible to compute a custom seed using PHP, allowing you to create pseudo randoms numbers based on variables such as the date of the day.
- MySQL: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mathematical-functions.html#funct... about RAND() and the optional integer argument.
- PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/functions-math.html about RANDOM() and the 'select setseed' function.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Views
- Reported installs: 2,758 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 16,695
- Last modified: July 8, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.