Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
With this module you can output a view as a PDF document. Each field of the view can be placed on the PDF page directly in the administration interface. Therefore a new display called "PDF" is added.
There are already some PDF solutions such as Print. But these solutions use the HTML output and converts this to PDF. The downsides of such an integration are:
- No control over page flow (e.g. page break).
- Little or no control over page header and footer.
- You need HTML skills to change the layout.
- The rendering is slow and need a lot of memory, because it needs to render the HTML.
- Complex tables make troubles.
- Vector graphics can not be implemented, therefore the printing of the document can be problematic.
- You are limited by HTML's capabilities.
- No hyphenation.
You can also specify a background PDF document. This enables you to put unlimited static content to the dynamic PDF. This static PDF can be exchanged dynamically by using a File Field. The PDF can be created by any PDF creator such as Adobe Acrobat Professional or Open Office.
Possible Use Cases are:
- PDF invoice for Ubercart
- A print at home solution
- Printable Version of your website
There are several dependencies for this module:
These libraries are all written in PHP and they should be also runnable on a shared hosting.
Currently Implemented Features
- Element can be placed on the PDF with options:
- Position (incl. relative positions)
- Background template (also a PDF)
- Table / unformatted style implemented
- Background template depending on node field
- Mime Mail Integration (PDF can be send by e-mail with Rules
- Including and appending PDF Views
- Text hyphenation based on LaTeX hyphenation patterns.
- PDF Views can be saved as files on the server by Rules.
Sending of PDF via Mail
This functionality is not any more part of this project. It has been moved in to separate projects:
- Mime Mail: Views PDF Mime Mail projected for Drupal 6 as well as for Drupal 7
- Mass Mailing / Subscriptions: Mass Messaging projected only for Drupal 7
At the moment both modules does not support really the sending of PDF. The integration / implementation of those is on the top of the to do list.
- Enhance the User Interface (The positioning of the fields is too complex.)
- Integration of a cache mechanism (depending on the views cache settings).
- Implementing a way to support math formula.
Original created by www.customweb.ch.
Now maintained by: killua99
Development version 2.x can be found in Github current state (really) unstable.
You can follow the dev stage on this board: https://trello.com/b/Sjp3T5zK/views-pdf
As well this project need some love, if you want to push the development, you can go here, https://www.bountysource.com/trackers/1082474-views_pdf there is a few issues and if you want propose any extra feature for the new version please support it.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: E-commerce, File Management, Third-party Integration, Utility, Views
- Reported installs: 8,397 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 74,065
- Last modified: January 13, 2017
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.