Note: There are way too many modules that do "fancy jquery effects in Views". It's like the textbook case of module duplication. I have therefore decided to deprecate this module in favor of Views Slideshow, which has an order of magnitude more users and a much more active maintainer. I will continue to support bug fixes on the current release, but there will be no new feature development and no Drupal 7 version. All users are recommended to migrate to Views Slideshow, either now or as part of Drupal 7 migrations.
This module provides a Views style plugin for using the jQuery cycle plugin. It is primarily useful for creating image slideshows, but should be usable on any content.
This module relies on the jQuery cycle plugin, which must be downloaded separately from:
It is loaded via the Libraries module, which is a requirement.
1) Download and enable the Libraries API module.
2) Download the jQuery cycle plugin. You want the "full" package, not the Lite version.
3) Unzip the jQuery cycle plugin download. It will create a directory called "jquery.cycle". Place that directory in sites/all/libraries. (Other library locations such as sites/default/libraries work too, but sites/all is recommended.)
4) Enable this module.
Important note for upgraders
The Libraries API dependency is new in the 1.0 release. If you are upgrading from a previous release, install the Libraries API module first before upgrading. Failure to do so is likely to result in fatal errors since this module assumes that Libraries API is installed.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Reported installs: 564 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 20,730
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.