Video Recorder is a generic video recording tool for Drupal. The module records a video stream from webcam to a flash server.
You must have access to a working flash server to use this module. Video recorder has been tested and works with Adobe Flash Media Server and Red5. Other Flash servers may work but haven't been tested. Media server configuration documentation coming soon.
The flash application is derived from the Red5 Recorder app. The Drupal version includes an improved user interface, configuration options for video quality and better translation support. The recorder is licensed under the terms of the GPL and the full source code is included as a Flex app.
The video recorder includes an API so other modules can hook into the video save action. An example of this is the brightcove_recorder module.
Drupal 7/8 Port
At this time there are no plans to port this module to Drupal 7 or 8.
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: Obsolete
- Reported installs: 3 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,444
- Last modified: June 23, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.