Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Version Control API is an engine for Drupal integration with a variety of version control systems. The focus is primarily on working with canonical, server-side repositories. It provides basic tools that allow for things like history listings, commit access controls, triggered actions when new code comes in, and direct on-disk repository management.
This module is a core engine and does nothing on its own without a "backend" module that provides integration with a specific VCS (e.g. git, bzr, svn). This module provides a consistent base interface (UI and API) for interacting with all the different backends.
Version Control API is the system that drives all of Drupal.org's Git integration.
Versions and Backends
The 6.x-1.x branch of VCAPI is abandoned; however, it has much wider backend support:
- Version Control Git - 1.x and 2.x
- Version Control SVN - 1.x only
- Version Control CVS - 1.x only
- Version Control Mercurial - 1.x only
- Version Control Bazaar - None, placeholder only
The 6.x-2.x branch of VCAPI was a massive refactoring, and is what runs drupal.org today. Unfortunately, we can make no promises about the upgrade path from 1.x, though it should generally work. Please do get in touch if you'd like to see one of the other backends brought up to speed with 2.x. It is now on maintenance mode, so it only accepts bug fixes.
7.x-1.x is a port of 6.x-2.x, with some extra features. As 6.x-2.x, it's on maintenance mode.
7.x-2.x will be the next major version and will be accepting features soon.
The VC system has a number of modules that integrate with it for richer functionality:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 59 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 17,435
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!