This module provides an API for adding universally unique identifiers (UUID) to Drupal objects, most notably entities.
Features in Drupal 7 version
Automatic UUID generation
UUIDs will be generated for all core entities. An API is provided for other modules to enable support for custom entities.
UUID API for entities, properties and fields
With this unified API you can load entities with
entity_uuid_load() so that all supported properties and fields are made with UUID references. You can also save entities formatted this way with
entity_uuid_save() (depends on Entity API).
Export entities to use as default/demo content
The integration with Features module provides the ability to export UUID enabled entities with intact dependencies and references to other entities. This functionality depends on Deploy module 7.x-2.0-alpha1 (soon to be released) and is probably the most robust way for installation profiles and distributions to provide demo content!
The integration with Services module alters all UUID enabled entity resources (nodes, users, taxonomies etc) to be based on UUIDs instead. This way it becomes easier to share and integrate content between sites. This functionality is used by Deploy module.
UUID extension modules include:
- UUID Extras - adds UUID support to the top 100 contrib modules.
- UUID Link - embed links to entities using UUID so links work across environments.
- UUID Entity Autocomplete - Autocomplete lookup for entities that returns UUID.
- Context UUID - Context condition using UUIDs.
This module doesn't need to be ported to Drupal 8. All core entities in D8 support UUIDs. The UUID URL is currently under development for a future release of Drupal 8 core (see).
There is currently no upgrade path from
Read the release notes when upgrading from
7.x-1.0-alpha1 to later releases.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 94,661 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 882,617
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: June 26, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.