Let users register with a password on the registration form when verification mail is required.
By default, users can create accounts directly on the registration form, set their password and be immediately logged in, or they can create their account, wait for a verification e-mail, and then create their password. With this module, users are able to create their account along with their password and simply activate their account when receiving the verification email.
The variable module, mail editor and commerce checkout are supported in the D7 version and the module is now in use in some complex setups.
Status D8 version:
An initial D8 port has been provided by swentel! See this issue for details.
A patch for Drupal core is required for user_registrationpassword to work on Drupal 8, see this issue (thanks gambry!). Please review this patch. As soon as #2765437 is accepted in Drupal core a stable release for user_registrationpassword is possible.
Status D7 version:
All 'blocking' issues are now solved. The 1.4 is compatible with Drupal core 7.35 and up. It will not work with anything below 7.35 due to the changes in Drupal core. We advise to update to the most recent Drupal core and user_registrationpassword 1.4.
Supported modules Drupal 7:
Status D6 version:
Support for Drupal 6 has been dropped.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Security, User Access & Authentication, User Management
- Reported installs: 7,605 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 37,907
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: August 10, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.