Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
User contacts allows your users to manage a list of contacts (names, addresses, email addresses) from their account page.
Note that the contacts are not user objects and are analogous to say an address book in Gmail.
- Flexible permissions, allow power users to view and manage contact lists for other users or limit it to per user management
- Contact Importer intergration - allow your users to import their addresses from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and other webmail services supported by Contact Importer and the OpenInviter Engine
- Feeds integration - defines a processor for feeds allowing you to setup imports into your user contacts data. Comes with a preconfigured importer for importing from CSV
- Contact Importer
- Location - for handling of validation of state/provinces names and providing country lists.
Using the module
Whilst the module provides the forms for the user to manage their contact list - how you use it is up to you. The module was written to power an Ubercart application allowing users to design and pay for printing to be mailed (snail-mail) to their friends. There is a strong api and the module exposes several hooks allowing other modules to integrate and extend the default functionality.
To do list
- Document the api
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Community, User Management
- Downloads: 1,610
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.