Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
About DigitalGov Search
For 15 years, GSA's DigitalGov Search has transformed the public’s search experience on federal, state, and local government websites. We have a proven track record of delivering fast, relevant search results and hundreds of agencies currently use our free, shared service to power the search box on their websites. Learn more and set up your free search box today at http://search.digitalgov.gov.
This module takes control of the default Drupal site search by altering the default block and theme search forms and redirecting the default Drupal search paths (search, search/node/%) to use DigitalGov Search instead. It also allows you to send content directly from Drupal into DigitalGov Search for real-time indexing via our i14y content indexing API.
This module requires Composer Manager to be installed, which will pull required libraries. Note that Composer needs PHP 5.4.5 or higher.
How to Set It Up
You'll need to install this module and configure a 'site' for it in our DigitalGov Search Admin Center.
After you've set up a site in the Admin Center, in Drupal, configure this module (/admin/config/search/usasearch) by updating the following fields:
- Site handle—Such as agencygov and found under DigitalGov Search > Admin Center > YourSite > Dashboard > Settings
- Drawer handle—Such as mypressreleases and found under DigitalGov Search > Admin Center > YourSite > Manage Content > i14y Drawers.
- Autocomplete—Enable autocomplete to help searchers refine their query by displaying type-ahead search suggestions as a list in the search box. The list forms as a searcher begins to type in the search box. Suggestions are listed in order of most popular (that is, most searched). They're updated every few seconds.
- Search domain—The default search results page is http://search.usa.gov/search?affiliate=yoursitehandle. If you want secure search, change the domain above to https://search.usa.gov. If you want searchers to see search.YOURSITE.gov (instead of search.USA.gov), email DigitalGov Search to mask your domain. After you’ve set up your custom search subdomain, enter it in the box above, such as http://search.commerce.gov or http://findit.state.gov.
- i14y API secret token— Found under DigitalGov Search > Admin Center > YourSite > Manage Content > i14y Drawers and then click the option, Show. If you don't see the i14y Drawers page in your Content section, email DigitalGov Search to have i14y enabled for the site.
- Integrates autocomplete (type-ahead) suggestions
- DigitalGov Search hosted search results
- Exports all admin options via Strongarm and Features
- Adds realtime indexing via DigitalGov Search's i14y content ingestion API
- Supports both Search Results API (deprecated) and hosted search results
- Core Search module
- 7.x-4.x & 7.x-5.x: Composer Manager
This module is maintained by:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Search
- Reported installs: 69 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 12,157
- Last modified: December 10, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.