Over time your website gets unwieldy so it needs cleaning up.
Though it's simple to find what modules are enabled/disabled, it's rather difficult to find out if this is true for a project.
This is a helper / development module that lists unused modules / projects that can be safely deleted.
This makes your repository cleaner and your website faster.
Naming / nomenclature
- Project: a project that has its own namespace and can be downloaded from Drupal.org. Say "Views".
- Module: a project can contain multiple modules. Say "views" and "views_ui".
- Module "views_ui" is disabled and module "views" is enabled. The project "views" is not safe to delete.
- Module "admin_menu" is disabled and module "admin_menu_toolbar" is also disabled. The project "admin_menu" is safe to delete.
Notes / caveats
- Core modules are not listed, never delete them!
- If a module occurs multiple times it is listed only once and always in the most specific location. This is because the method to track modules is a Drupal function that returns modules that can be enabled. That function favours specific (/sites/your-site) over generic (/sites/all). See https://www.drupal.org/node/176046 .
- Always make a full backup of your database and codebase before deleting modules!
- Always uninstall modules before deleting them.
- Double / triple check results!!!
- Drupal admin ui:
$ drush unused-modules
$ drush audit-extensions
See README for detailed instructions.
Sorry, its a heavy page load.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Developer
- Reported installs: 2,193 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 13,074
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 22, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.