This module provides a field display formatter to render field values as HTML or comma-separated lists. This can currently be used on all core field types (text, long text, number, list, and taxonomy reference etc..) and some contributed fields. (see below).
For multi-value fields, each field value becomes a list item. For long text fields, each line becomes a list item.
Drupal 7 Version
The Drupal 7 version has been refactored to include hooks to implement any field types. There is now a textformatter_contrib module to contain these additional implementations. Currently entityreference, link, node reference and user reference fields are included. If there are any fields you think should be included here please create an issue in the queue, preferably with a patch!
The Drupal 6 version of this module grew out of a cck_formatters issue: http://drupal.org/node/331700. The original code was split off of the cck_formatters module to ensure that cck_formatters did not get too bloated. The text formatter was removed from the cck_formatters module after it moved to this project.
The Drupal 8 version of this module has moved over to https://www.drupal.org/project/list_formatter
I thought this was generally a better name so people might find it easier...
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), Fields
- Reported installs: 8,766 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 66,509
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 2 June 2015
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.