Module is needed for changing authentication settings for restricted area on site. Module defines SSL users and sets single password for all of them in .htpasswd.
This module was created for Janssen Contracting Co., Inc..
You should manually create .htacces and .htpasswd files. Changes in SSL users settings tab will affect on .htpasswd file.
If restricted area is located in /home/www/area/, so there should be /home/www/area/.htaccess file with following lines:
AuthName "Restricted Area" AuthType Basic AuthUserFile /home/.htpasswd AuthGroupFile /dev/null Require valid-users
In that case .htpasswd file is located in /home/ folder. To learn more about Authorization and Access Control in Apache, please, visit http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/auth.html.
Note that you shouldn't use Drupal main folder as a restricted area.
If you want to create restricted area in Drupal sub folder and clean urls is used, you may need to edit .htacces file in Drupal folder to prevent processing restricted area sub folder as a clean url.
This project is sponsored by Trellon.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: User Access & Authentication, User Management, Utility
- Reported installs: 1 site currently reports using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 823
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.