Display a splash page anywhere on your site by redirecting the user, showing a lightbox, or displaying a popup. This module is designed to be search engine friendly, mobile device friendly and offers multiple configuration options.
* Note: If you are using 7.x-1.0, I highly suggest upgrading to 7.x-1.1 as there is a major google search results bug that should be fixed in that release. Take a look at the release notes.
I will be maintaining the D7 version of this module, but I will not be adding any additional features. If you want to see new features in this module, please post your request in this issue:
Splashify Version 1.0
The release of 7.x-1.0 signifies that a lot of testing and bug fixes have been implemented into the code base and it should be ready for production use. If you encounter any bugs or security issues, please create a new issue! But make sure you read the Readme.txt file first.
The 6.x-1.0 version of this module was backport done by the venutip user. It should have most of the features of the 7.x version, but it may not have the most recent changes implemented to Splashify over the last year or so.
- Search Engine Friendly: Instead of redirecting the user from PHP, we redirect with JS. This prevents the redirect from happening when search engine crawlers visit the page. In other words, prevents your splash page from being indexed as your "home" page in the search engines.
- Customize When the Splash Page Shows Up: Allows the splash page to appear on any page of your site.
- Lightbox Support: Supports ColorBox as the lightbox jQuery plugin.
- Mobile Splash Page: When enabled, allows for a mobile friendly splash page to show up, separate from the desktop settings.
- PHP 5
- Libraries Module (at least version 2.0)
- If you want to use the lightbox feature, the Colorbox module is required.
What do we consider a splash page?
We define a splash page as being content that shows up at a specified interval, at a specified location, one time. If someone goes to a certain page for the first time, we want to make sure the splash content shows up. But if the person is coming from an internal link on the site, we don't want the splash content to show up over and over again (otherwise, the splash page would become a nuisance).
You can determine how often the splash page should show up in the configuration area (always, daily, weekly).
Drupal 8 Version
We pushed our initial work on the Drupal 8 version of the module. Note that you need to have a Drupal 8 version that is at least 8.1, or you will get a fatal error.
This works quite a bit differently than the Drupal 7 module. It includes "groups of splash pages", which allows you to have different splash pages for different areas of your site. It also allows you to have sequences of splash pages (first display this splash page, than this one, etc...). Outside of that, it has very similar options as the D7 module.
We need people to test the D8 module and post bugs! Stay tuned for more documentation.
The development of this module is sponsored by The Brick Factory.
The D6 backport of this project is sponsored by EchoDitto.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 3,848 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 126,765
- Last modified: November 28, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.