Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Allows the management of one or more "splash offers", which are modal popups with an accept or reject form. If a user accepts the offer then a new page will open with a provided accept url. If they reject the offer, the modal will close. (If they select Do not Show Again, then a cookie is set so as to avoid futher display.) You may define the who, when and where of the splash offers with precision controls. Factors such as: user role, site url, device, and whether the offer has been previously viewed (cookies), cookie duration, etc. are configurable for each splash offer created.
The module was born as a way to advertise a website companion app and offer a button to download, but it's generalized nature has the potential for many other applications. You might want to review this blog post from google before using this module
If you have a dependency on this module and you need a Drupal 8 version, please let me know by commenting on (or creating) the issue called “Drupal 8 Port”. I will prioritize those modules that have the most votes for Drupal 8 first over others.
- This project creates a new entity type and thus depends on the Entity API:
- Device detection is supported if you install the optional module: http://drupal.org/project/mobile_detect
- To add fields use http://drupal.org/project/entity_bundle_admin
- Download and unzip this module into your modules directory.
- Goto Administer > Site Building > Modules and enable this module.
- To create you first offer visit: admin/content/splash-offer/add; your role will need to have Administer Splash Offer permission.
- Some degree of css styling is required to achieve more than the vanilla shell you get with this module. Refer to
splash_offer.tpl.phpfor more info. You should override the module's css in your theme or custom module.
- HINT: Leave cookies disabled during development and theming of the splash offer. Otherwise you'll have to keep clearing cookies to see the popup.
- After creating your splash offer, you may disable it temporarily by editing the Other fieldset and unchecking the Active checkbox.
splash_offer.api.incfor module hooks.
"I can't see the splash offer anymore!"
- Make sure your browser has JS enabled
- Try checking both 'anonymous user' and 'authenticated user' for the roles setting.
- Trying setting page visibility to 'All pages except those listed' and remove any values in the 'Specify pages' text area.
- Make sure 'Always trigger, regardless of device' is checked.
- If you still can't see the offer, view the html source and look for a div called '.entity-splash-offer'; if you see that then check your css to make sure it's correct.
"I have multiple offers, but I only ever see the first one"
- The module is designed to only show one offer per page load, even if you've defined multiple offers. So if you do not have cookies enabled, you will only ever see the first offer. Try enabling cookies.
- Offers are presented lowest weight first, which can be set in the 'Other' fieldset of the edit form. Try adjusting the weights.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Commerce/Advertising, Content Display, E-commerce, Novelty, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 202 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,850
- Last modified: September 19, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.