Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
This module supports spell checking of node content (including title, body and CCK fields).
- spell checking in real-time for input and textarea,
- integration with WYSIWYG,
- learn new words,
- Taxonomy as storage of custom words,
- show spell errors on page load in TinyMCE editor,
- easy selection of different engines,
- no external PHP library required, you can use Google Spell API as alternative
First of all, please read INSTALL.txt.
You have to activate spell checker in content type settings (i.e. admin/content/node-type/page) or for specified fields (CCK).
WYSIWYG SpellCheck integration
After installing WYSIWYG SpellCheck, Edit your WYSIWYG profile and activate Spell Check button (i.e. admin/settings/wysiwyg/profile/1/edit).
On Linux, simply try: sudo apt-get install php5-pspell aspell-en && sudo apachectl restart
- CCK (for field spell checking),
- WYSIWYG (tested with TinyMCE),
- WYSIWYG SpellCheck (with TinyMCE spellchecker plugin),
- Excerpt (for teaser)
It has support for following spell engines (configurable from settings page):
It has support for following storage engines (configurable from settings page):
- PSpell personal wordlist (text file)
It uses following PHP libraries:
Use hook_spellchecker() to define your custom spell engines and storage methods.
This project was sponsored by the Department for Education (UK).
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Content, Filters/Editors, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 7 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,185
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.