This module provides a counter that indicates the max. limit of characters in a certain text field. The soft limit means that the user will be warned if the content length of the field is exceeded, but he will still be able to save all data in the field.
It basically does two things:
* Lets the user configure any instance of a text field's widget, to have a specific soft limit. This is done in the usual field settings for entity types. This counter will always be shown on fields with a soft limit, no matter the settings mentioned below.
* Adds a character countdown to form elements that already have a maxlength specified. This functionality can be customized through the options specified below.
For more configuration options, see the readme file.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, Fields
- Reported installs: 162 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 627
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.