The SMS Framework is a set of modules that enables interaction between mobile users and Drupal using SMS. The included API allows developers to add develop support for third party gateways. The API also allows other modules to implement SMS features.
The SMS Framework allows you to:
- Send SMS messages using any supported gateway
- Collect, confirm, and store mobile information for Drupal users
- Send batch messages to Drupal users
- Allow users to send nodes or portions of nodes to mobile phones
Discussions are taking place on the SMS Framework Group.
The Drupal 7 version is being stabilized to allow for focus on development of the 8.x-1.x branch. All sub-modules have been completed and only bugfixes are allowed in 7.x-1.x
The Drupal 8 port is complete. Please test the Drupal 8 versions and report bugs. All new features should be filed against the Drupal 8 version and can be back-ported to the Drupal 7 version after commit.
A list of SMS gateway project is maintained on Drupal.org.
The core SMS Framework does not bundle any gateways. Feel free to share your custom gateway modules in a separate project. Feel free to add your gateway module to the gateway list.
If you use another gateway with a simple HTTP API you may find the simple gateway module a possible option instead of writing your own gateway.
SMS Framework has an optional dependency on Token module. Token should be installed in order to use tokens on various parts of the admin UI.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 1,683 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 87,302
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: September 22, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.