Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Let your users to use their username and password from other Drupal sites.
It IS the old "Drupal" module which just left core.
- Let drupal.org users to login into your site using their old login/password.
- Alternative for OpenID
- Multi site environment: split your site functionalities into many sites but use a central user database. Like drupal.org and groups.drupal.org
Since its yet a simple port from Drupal 5's "Drupal" module, it yet have some important issues (present on the old module too):
- No user data is get from the server (email for example). see http://drupal.org/node/61738
- Password is sent without cryptography, and is therefore insecure. See http://drupal.org/node/93048
- The password insertion is done in the site's domain, so they might (but not by this module) capture your password
Use of this module is advised as a compatibility replacement for Drupal 5's distributed authentication, but migration to OpenID is suggested instead.
- Maintenance status: Seeking new maintainer
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Community, Utility
- Reported installs: 20 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 3,019
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.