Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Simple FB Connect allows users to register and login to your Drupal site with their Facebook account.
As the name suggests, the design principle of this module is to keep things as simple as possible.
- This module defines a path user/simple-fb-connect which redirects the user to Facebook for authentication.
- After Facebook has returned the user to our site, the module compares the email address provided by Facebook. If our site already has an account with the same email address, user is logged in. If not, a new user account is created.
- Facebook profile picture is synchronized to the new Drupal user account if profile pictures are enabled on Drupal settings.
Login process can be initiated from the "Facebook login" tab on the user login page.
- Alternatively, site builders can place (and theme) a link to user/simple-fb-connect wherever on the site, for example in a custom block which is shown only to anonymous users.
- Reinis Fisher has written a nice article on how you can add FB login button to the standard Drupal login form (Drupal 7).
Simple FB Connect 2.x and 3.x implement Rules events for a) new user creation and b) user login so that you can trigger actions from these events. For more advanced users, the module provides a simple API which can be used to add functionality to new user creation or to define which Facebook permissions are requested during FB login. It is also easy for other modules to extend Facebook integration and use the power of Facebook SDK and API.
Installation instructions and module handbook
- Installation instructions and module handbook for Drupal 7
- Installation instructions and module handbook for Drupal 8
- Note: Version 8.x-3.x MUST be installed using Composer as documented on the installation instructions. The .zip and .tar.gz files below are only for informational purposes. The module can NOT be installed directly from them.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Third-party Integration, User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 2,277 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 26,836
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: January 31, 2017
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.