Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The Shoutbox module provides a block or a page, where visitors can quickly post short messages.
- Post messages instantly via AJAX or POST. (Option in admin section)
- Optionally have messages auto-refresh via AJAX
- Permissions can be set so that posts go live immediately or go to a moderation queue.
- A cron option allows the administrator to have old shouts deleted.
Version 7.x.1.x includes the core functionality of shoutbox.
Shoutbox has been dramatically revamped and improved for a 2.x release.
Shoutbox group: Integrates Organic Groups with Shoutbox. If a Shoutbox block appears within a group context, the shouts displayed and added become group-specific. A Shoutbox page link is also added to the group details menu, where groups now have a dedicated Shoutbox page.
Shoutbox points: Simple integration between Shoutbox and Userpoints.
Shoutbox tags: Add Twitter-like #hashtag functionality to shoutbox posts.
Shoutbox user: Similar to Shoutbox group, Shoutbox user gives each user their own shoutbox. When the shoutbox block appears on a user profile page, the shouts become user-specific. Each user will also have their own shoutbox page.
Shoutbox rules: Integration between Shoutbox and rules (contributed by nmclain).
Shoutbox domain: Integration between Shoutbox and domain access (contributed by Chris Porter).
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 1,171 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 47,213
- Last modified: May 25, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.