This module implements the Shariff social media buttons library by heise online: https://github.com/heiseonline/shariff
Shariff enables website users to share their favorite content without compromising their privacy.
Facebook, Google+ and Twitter supply official sharing code snippets which quietly siphon personal data from all page visitors. Shariff enables visitors to see how popular your page is on Facebook and share your content with others without needless data leaks.
The server-side php component (to get the number of likes, tweets and plus-ones) is not implemented. But you can always put one of the available backend libraries outside of your Drupal root and reference the URL in the Shariff module settings.
- You need at least Shariff v1.4.6. Download it from https://github.com/heiseonline/shariff. For installation instructions see the README.txt.
- Only for Drupal 7: Libraries API module: http://drupal.org/project/libraries
- Only for Drupal 7: JQuery Update module: http://drupal.org/project/jquery_update
Shariff requires jQuery 1.7 or higher. Please configure jQuery Update accordingly.
- a block,
- a field and
- a configurable panels pane (D7 only).
Main benefit compared to other sharing plugins:
- Ability to show sharing counts using one of the shariff backend libraries.
Full release available.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 1,064 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,306
- Last modified: 21 July 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.