Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This module provides a Solr backend for the Search API module.
The backend uses, like the popular Apache Solr Search Integration module, Apache Solr servers for indexing and searching content. It has great performance, is suitable even for use on large commercial websites and supports facets and multi-index searches.
- The Search API module, of course.
- An Apache Solr server which can be individually configured (or has a configuration compatible with this module).
For further details see the module's handbook documentation.
If you do not want to or cannot install your own Solr server, there are a number of web Solr hosts which are compatible with the Search API (either because they have it as an option, or they allow uploading custom configurations). Some of them are:
- Hosted Apache Solr
- gotosolr (free 1-month trial, automatic test setup module)
- Hosted Solr
- HudHost Solr for Drupal
- Opensolr (Tutorial)
- Acquia Search
- Wodby (helps in setting up a complete app stack, including Solr, on any hosting provider)
(This is a free information service, I do not endorse any of these products. If you want your Solr hosting service to be listed here, please contact me.)
At the moment the maximum support Solr version is Solr 5.4.1. The required modifications to support newer versions have not been backported from the 8.x branch yet.
The module's D8 version is currently under development, but alpha releases are available already.
In addition Search API Multilingual Solr Search has been created as an extension to ease language specific full text search settings.
The minimum support Solr version is Solr 4.5.1.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Search, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 25,090 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 557,303
- Last modified: June 26, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.