Version 2.0-alpha is the latest release before a major lift, this implies that the 2.x-dev release could be NOT STABLE.
Read more on its origins in Multilingual Search API with Entity Translation blog entry.
- provides multilingual versions of all entity types that support translation
- generates separate search index items for all/selected available languages for each translatable entity (this also includes a separate item for
- allows per-index configuration of language-related behavior
- introduces new datasource controller for multilingual entities
- Search API Entity Translation Solr search - changes the way in which Solr Search module stores and searches multilingual content, making it use solr dynamic fields for translatable entity fields
- Search API Entity Translation Database Search - fixes duplicate results/incorrect facet counts returned for translated entities
- Commerce Search API Entity Translation - integrates Commerce Kickstart 2's Commerce Search API module with Entity Translation
Search API Entity Translation is a minimalist approach of making multilingual content managed via entity translations searchable via Search API.
The current approach simply offers a new search API field named "Multilingual full text" which concatenates all the entity translations of a specific entity, thus making it possible to search in any content translation/language.
This is, of course, not very intelligent (since the translations/languages of content cannot be properly distinguished in the search, let alone searched language specificly or independently) - but it's a first simply approach.
Search API Entity Translation is written for Drupal 7 and used in production environments. It is currently only thouroughly tested and used with node based indexes, though.
For introduction of the module and more background also read the blog post on our website: http://wunderkraut.com/blog/make-search-api-work-with-entity-translation...