Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Instead of showing a standard "404 Page not found", this module performs a search on the keywords in the URL, e.g. if a user goes to http://example.com/does/not/exist, this module will do a search for "does not exist" and shows the result of the search instead of the 404 page. This should help retain visitors coming in from old URLs linked from other sites or from search indices.
It also includes search engine keywords detections as well as regular expression based term filtering from the URL.
Top 100 Drupal Module *
Search 404 is a top 100 Drupal module and is a module recommended by SEO Checklist to help in SEO. So go ahead and try this out on your Drupal site.
* As on Sep 9, 2012
- Supports 404 Searches via Apache Solr Search Module if it is enabled
- Supports searching via Google CSE, if the module is present
- Supports Search by Page module as an option
- Supports Lucene Search when available
- Supports Lucene Did You Mean when available
- Supports Xapian Search when available
- Supports Fuzzy Search module as an option
- Supports Search API using custom paths
- Supports Custom Search using custom paths
- Supports searching with views using custom paths
- Support for redirection to a custom path with search keywords
- Support for Custom Text and Title to be displayed in search404 pages
- Option to choose between 301 and 302 redirects
- Option to show side blocks when a 404 error occurs
- Option to disable auto search for performance considerations and come up with the search form populated
Note: Some of these features are not yet ported to the D8 version.
Paid Support and Customization
You can reach out to the developers of this module for paid support or customizations - contact zyxware.
#D7CX pledged and delivered.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Search, SEO
- Reported installs: 38,318 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 306,532
- Last modified: October 21, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.