Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Role watchdog automatically logs all role changes made through the user profile or the User List in its own table. A record of these changes is shown in a Role history tab on each user's page. Role watchdog can optionally monitor one or more specific roles for changes and notify members of selected roles via email whenever a change occurs.
This module might be useful when there are multiple administrators for a site, and you need auditing or alerting of manual role changes.
- 7.x-2.0-beta1 and 6.x-2.0-beta1 released
- Adds a submodule og_role_watchdog to support tracking role changes in og.
Important: Support for og-7.x-2.x is pending; only 7.x-1.x is supported at the moment. Please seefor more information.
Tested compatible with:
- user edit (e.g. http://example.com/user/3/edit)
- People list bulk update (e.g. http://example.com/admin/people/people)
- Views Bulk Operations (VBO) 6.x-1.10, 7.x-3.x-dev
- Role Delegation 6.x-1.4, 7.x-1.0
- Role Delegation
- Administer Users by Role
modules that enable user access to assign roles to other users where the auditing of Role Watchdog is a nice fit.
- Role Change Notify
the mirror functionality of Role Watchdog, notifying the user when a role is added to their account.
- Permission Watchdog
logs all changes to permissions on roles
Role watchdog will automatically start recording all role changes. No further configuration is necessary for this functionality, the module will do this "out of the box". A record of these changes is shown in a Role history tab on each user's page and optionally in the Watchdog log if enabled. Users will need either "View role history" or "View own role history" access permissions to view the tab.
Role watchdog can optionally email members of selected Notify roles when selected Monitor roles are added or removed. This was specifically added to keep a closer eye on certain role changes, such as an Administrator role. At least one Monitor role and one Notify role must be selected for this functionality.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Security, User Management
- Reported installs: 728 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 15,854
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.