This module allows site administrators to grant specific roles the authority to assign selected roles to users, without them needing the administer permissions permission.
For each role, Role Delegation provides a new assign ROLE role permission to allow the assignment of that role.
The module also adds an assign all roles permission. Enabling this permission for a role is a convenient way to allow the assignment of any other role without having to check all the assign ROLE role permissions on the permissions page.
In Drupal 8, we've standardised only only providing a "Roles" tab that becomes available when you have one of the permissions provided by the Role Delegation module.
If an administrator has the administer users permission, a role assignment widget gets displayed in the account creation or editing form, and bulk add/remove role operations become available on the user administration page. Otherwise, if they have at least the access user profiles permission, the module adds its own Roles tab to the user profile so that roles can be assigned.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 31,091 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 152,675
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: April 4, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.