Page manager existing pages allows you to override/configure Drupal menu paths so you can create variants with Page manager, which is bundled in the CTools project.
Technically, this project defines one abstract task and one content type plugin, so menu items can be overridden and the original page callback can be called through the content type plugin. This project comes with one default existing page, which is 'node', the default Drupal frontpage.
Tested overridden paths
- Drupal frontpage at 'node'.
- Media file paths as 'media/%'.
- Apache Solr search pages at any path you defined.
- FAQ at 'faq-page', 'faq-page/%', 'faq-page/list' and 'faq-page/%/list'.
In theory, any menu callback can now be overridden. Default contexts can be added for entity paths, but will need more testing.
Install the module as usual, more info can be found on http://drupal.org/documentation/install/modules-themes/modules-7
You should also install Panels, which is not a dependency for this module but is the recommended module to start overriding page layouts. Panels can be found at http://drupal.org/project/panels
On admin > structure > pages click "add existing page".
There you can override your page. If you don't know the exact path you override, there is a search box below. Just start to type and it will automatically find what you want.
Once you have done this you should go back to admin > structure > pages and enable the page you just created.
See a screencast to see the module in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-4g01WjwI4
Blog post with screenshots: http://blog.erdfisch.de/2012/01/override-all-existing-pages-panels
PMEP vs others
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display
- Reported installs: 16,621 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 281,658
- Last modified: November 9, 2015
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.