Node import module which enables import from a CSV file into (user created) profiles of mapped node/ CCK fields and taxonomy terms.
This module is used in production sites but has not been tested for release, so the usual precautions apply - backup your stuff and test thoroughly before use. All bug reports welcome especially when accompanied by a patch! All feature requests welcome when accompanied by a patch ;-)
What does this module do that Migrate or Feeds don't? At the time of first development in Sept 2009 importing nodes with multiple cells concatenated as a unique ID was not available in other modules as far as we could determine.
It is ready for use but not well documented - make sure you read the README.txt.
- Unique ID can be assembled by concatenating cell values in the CSV to allow creating new revisions of existing nodes with updated content.
- Supported fields: Title, Body, Language, CCK fields (including multi-value), Taxonomy, User reference.
- User controlled mapping of CSV Heading to Drupal fields via CSV profile manage screen.
- Wizard to generate CSV profiles from existing CSV.
- Import and export of CSV profiles
- Import and export of CSV files via Batch API
- Supports UTF-8 and Windows-1252 (Excel 2003- compatible) CSV files.
- Options to create translations in sets by mapping translations source nid
- CSV Export Action is included. Useful for integration with other modules e.g. Views Bulk Operations
- Check Filefield compatibility
- Improve error reporting
- Provide more options for behaviour on import (node save or not).
- Test thoroughly for release.
- Perhaps add further enhancements:
- Add import tests
- Add simpletests
- Use AHAH on the profile management form for adding new headings
This module is sponsored by Red Bee Media.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Import/Export
- Reported installs: 16 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,021
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.