Adds SMTP support for sending e-mails using the PHPMailer library. Comes with detailed configuration instructions for how to use Google Mail as mail server.
The main differences to the SMTP module are:
- Integration with Mime Mail module
- Improved bulk-mail performance through SMTP keep-alive connections (if supported by the mail server)
- Built-in e-mail rerouting option (useful during site building and development)
Extensions and integration
Modules that complement and extend PHPMailer module's functionality:
- Mime Mail to send HTML e-mails
- Personalized E-mails to adjust the sender name displayed in e-mail clients.
When upgrading to 3.x, you need to clear caches (run update.php) to avoid errors.
Development was sponsored by UNLEASHED MIND.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 10,969 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 88,486
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.