Adds SMTP support for sending e-mails using the PHPMailer library. Comes with detailed configuration instructions for how to use Google Mail as mail server.
The main differences to the SMTP Authentication Support module are:
- This module uses the PHPMailer library itself, and the SMTP Authentication Support module has forked and includes the smtp and mail classes from PHPMailer library.
- This module has support for improved bulk-mail performance through SMTP keep-alive connections (if supported by the mail server).
- This module has a built-in e-mail rerouting option (useful during site building and development).
- PHPMailer library, version 5.2.21+ NOTE: Due to both CVE-2016-10033 and CVE-2016-10045, you are strongly recommended to update your PHPMailer library to at least version 5.2.21. Details for these vulnerabilities can be found at these links:
- About the CVE 2016 10033 and CVE 2016 10045 vulnerabilities
- CVE-2016-10033 (the 5.2.18 version of the PHPMailer library addresses this)
- CVE-2016-10045 (the 5.2.20 version of the PHPMailer library addresses this)
- Libraries API (for the D7 compatible version only)
Extensions and integration
Modules that complement and extend PHPMailer module's functionality:
- Mime Mail to send HTML e-mails
- Personalized E-mails to adjust the sender name displayed in e-mail clients.
for 7.x-3.x: Read documentation
- Jason Flatt (oadaeh)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 12,033 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 95,224
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: March 18, 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
There are currently no supported stable releases.