Adds SMTP support for sending e-mails using the PHPMailer library. Comes with detailed configuration instructions for how to use Google Mail as mail server.
The main differences to the SMTP Authentication Support module are:
- This module uses the PHPMailer library itself, and the SMTP Authentication Support module has forked and includes the smtp and mail classes from PHPMailer library.
- This module has support for improved bulk-mail performance through SMTP keep-alive connections (if supported by the mail server).
- This module has a built-in e-mail rerouting option (useful during site building and development).
Extensions and integration
Modules that complement and extend PHPMailer module's functionality:
- Mime Mail to send HTML e-mails
- Personalized E-mails to adjust the sender name displayed in e-mail clients.
for 7.x-3.x: Read documentation
- Jason Flatt (oadaeh)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 11,641 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 92,676
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: October 16, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.