Adds SMTP support for sending e-mails using the PHPMailer library. Comes with detailed configuration instructions for how to use Google Mail as mail server.
The main differences to the SMTP module are:
- Integration with Mime Mail module
- Improved bulk-mail performance through SMTP keep-alive connections (if supported by the mail server)
- Built-in e-mail rerouting option (useful during site building and development)
Extensions and integration
Modules that complement and extend PHPMailer module's functionality:
- Mime Mail to send HTML e-mails
- Personalized E-mails to adjust the sender name displayed in e-mail clients.
When upgrading to 3.x, you need to clear caches (run update.php) to avoid errors.
Development was sponsored by UNLEASHED MIND.