This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
This module stores password hashes securely.
The default password hashes in Drupal 6 (and before) are rather insecure. MD5 is easy to crack, should an attacker find a database dump or gain access to your database. This module implements secure password hashes using the phpass password hashing method - multiple rounds of hashing and salting that make reversing the hash significantly more difficult to break by brute-force attack. This is the same approach that is used for Drupal 7.
The 1.x branches are unsupported.
The 2.x branches feature simplified code and only supports the portable password hashing mechanism backported from Drupal 7 core.
WARNING: after this module is installed and any user password's have been converted, you will not be able to uninstall
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Security, User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 419 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 24,101
- Last modified: June 22, 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.