Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
What is a "permalink"?
Wikipedia defines permalink as:
A permalink, or permanent link, is a URL that points to a specific blog or forum entry after it has passed from the front page to the archives. Because a permalink remains unchanged indefinitely, it is less susceptible to link rot. Most modern weblogging and content-syndication software systems support such links. Other types of websites use permanent links, but the term permalink is most common within the blogosphere. Permalink is a portmanteau word made from permanent link.
This module allows you to add a permalink to any node type. The link will be displayed as text that is easily copied from your site so that someone can link to the node. The link text is to
?q=node/NID instead of an alias.
Features of the Permalink module
Drupal 6.x version
- The 6.x branch of Permalink includes a number of new features. In addition to appending a copy-and-paste box containing the node's permanent, unaliased URL, Permalinks can also be added to the "node links" -- the list of links at the bottom of the node that often include "Add a comment," "Reply," or "Edit" -- for both full-node and teaser views. The visibility of the links and copy-and-paste box are configurable per content type.
- The link text and title attribute are fully customizable, and all output is themable.
- Comments now have Drupal 7.x-style permalinks. For more information, see .
If you're interested in co-maintaining this module, please file an issue requesting access. To ensure quality, we will only consider those who have submitted a patch that resolves an issue currently in the queue.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Display, Path Management, Site Navigation, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 73 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,443
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.