This module makes it easy to add Open Graph meta tags (http://opengraphprotocol.org/) to a node to enable it to be come a "rich" social object. For instance, Facebook uses this information to work out how to preview shared content in a user's Facebook profile (http://developers.facebook.com/docs/share).
- Easily select the image thumbnail used to represent the node (used by Facebook when constructing a preview). The editor is shown a list of thumbnails of all images associated with the node (both as fields as well as images embedded within the node's body content).
- Set default values for OG meta tags across all nodes and then override them on a node-by-node basis.
- Restrict the use of OG meta tags to specific content types.
- Restrict access to administering the module to specific roles
Add the following XML namespace attribute to the HTML tag at the top of your page.tpl.php file:
<html xmlns:og="http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema/"> ... </html>
Note that this module does not output the
fb:app_id tags which are required for integrating with Facebook. There are other modules which will help you with these tags:
- Metatags - Drupal 7 module which aims to do what this module does and more.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 7,180 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 47,983
- Last modified: September 8, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.