The Object Log module allows developers to store objects, arrays and other variables to a log table so that they may be inspected later. Multiple stored variables may be displayed side-by-side in the Object log under admin/reports.
The usage is similar to Devel module's
kprint_r() functions, but is particularly suited for debugging server-to-server requests, such as cron runs and web services, or for requests from anonymous and other unprivileged users.
When you reach a point in code at which you would like to store an object, call the object_log() function...
...where $label is a string representing a name to give the object in the log, and $data is the variable you wish to store. If there is already a stored object with the same $label, that entry will be overwritten in the log.
Stored objects may be inspected by any user with the "access devel information" permission by going to admin/reports/object_log. While inspecting an object, a second object may be selected to display both objects side-by-side.
The Object Log module depends on Devel module:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Developer, Utility
- Reported installs: 728 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 5,438
- Last modified: 2 December 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.