Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
Node import allows users to import content (node, user, taxonomy) from CSV or TSV files.
Note that all files need to be in UTF8 encoding.
You can convert to UTF8 by using OpenOffice.org to create your CSV files, or by loading it in a text editor such as Notepad+ and convert the encoding. Non UTF8 files are generally generated by MS Excel if you choose CSV format (which you must avoid!).
For Drupal 7.x
I may however change my mind...
Possible alternatives to import content in Drupal 7.x:
For Drupal 6.x
The port to Drupal 6 is work in progress.
- Node import via cron
- Allows user or bot to add new or update existent data for specified tasks in theirs files and then process it via cron by Node import module. It may help if you want to automatize data import.
- Menu import
- This module allows users to quickly scaffold a new Drupal site by creating empty nodes and menu items referencing them. Besides it allows batch-arrange existing nodes into a given menu structure. Modules like Node Import allow you to easily add large amounts of content to your Drupal site. This module can be used together with Node Import, allowing you to upload an indented file that tells Drupal how all these nodes should be organized.
- Importing nodes:
- comment (comment setting),
- node (title, body, format, authored by, authored on, workflow settings),
- path (url settings),
- taxonomy (assign terms to a node),
- upload (file attachments).
- Importing users:
- user (name, mail, pass, status),
- profile (additional profile fields).
- Importing vocabularies:
- taxonomy (name, description, help, multiple, required, tags, hierarchy).
- Importing terms:
- taxonomy (name, description, parent, relation, synonym, weight).
Following CCK content fields may work:
- Node reference
- User reference
Following contrib modules may work:
- Location (but not CCK Location),
- Ubercart 2 (only uc_product).
What does not work?
If it is not listed above it is not supported and will not work.
- No forums
- No menu
- No polls
- Many other contrib modules are not yet supported.
For Drupal 5.x
Version 5.x is no longer supported.
For Drupal 4.7.x:
Version 4.7.x is no longer supported.
If you feel the Node import module is useful, I accept donations via paypal.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Reported installs: 3,751 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 109,875
- Last modified: July 1, 2015
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.