Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
MimeDetect provides an API for consistent server side mime detection using the PHP FileInfo extension, the UNIX 'file' command, user supplied mime data, or file extension lookups. It is distributed with its own magic library for use with the PHP FileInfo extension to make mime detection more consistent in different environments.
This module provides only an API. It does nothing by itself.
Modules using it
- FileField module (D6 only), detects and use mimedetect if present
As FileField module is part of D7 core, it does not integrates with MimeDetect. Seefor a basic example of usage from a custom module.
If you know any other module that makes use of mimedetect, please report me.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: File Management, Media, Security
- Reported installs: 2,964 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 81,789
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!