This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
MimeDetect provides an API for server side mime detection using the PHP FileInfo extension, the UNIX 'file' command, user supplied mime data, or file extension lookups. A file upload validator is also included for protection against mismatches between filename extension and its real content.
File upload validation (D7)
Drupal 6 file field module has integration with MimeDetect. This module is now part of the Drupal 7 core, so the integration with non-core (third-party) modules like MimeDetect was lost.
This functionality is now provided by the "MimeDetect file upload validator" submodule, included for backward compatibility and basic functionality.
Modules using it
- FileField module (D6 only), detects and use MimeDetect if present
If you know any other module that makes use of mimedetect, please report me.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: File Management, Media, Security
- Reported installs: 2,983 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 82,846
- Last modified: 4 March 2017
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.