Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Why use MediaElement
The two big reasons to use the MediaElement library are browser support and consisten theming. The MediaElement library enables browser support for the audio and video tags to the following browsers (and their method for supporting the tag/h.264):
- iPhone, iPad: native HTML5
- Android: native HTML5
- Safari: native HTML5
- Chrome: Silverlight/Flash
- Internet Explorer 9: native HTML5
- Internet Explorer 6,7,8: Silverlight/Flash
- Firefox: Silverlight/Flash
- Opera: Silverlight/Flash
The second reason is the consistent display of the player. Each of the major browsers has their own display for the video and audio element. MediaElement provides a consisten player that can be themed consistently across all browsers.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 13,478 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 175,743
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.