#D8CX: We pledge that MathJax will have a full Drupal 8 release on the day that Drupal 8 is released.
MathJax is one of several options for rendering LaTeX formulas on your Drupal site.
- Choice between loading the third party library code from MathJax servers (default), or from your website.
Per-path activation setting. Drush integration.
- Add your own MathJax configuration - version 1.1 and higher.
- Configurable MathJax library script URL - version 1.1 and higher.
- Mathjax operates as a text filter - version 2.0 and higher.
By default, the MathJax library is downloaded from MathJax Content Delivery Network (CDN) through a secure connection in a transparent manner. This is a light-weight, "out-of-the-box" LaTeX rendering solution, and you can still use a custom configuration if you need.
Alternatively, you can host the MathJax library (approximately 150MB) on your server (using the libraries module).
Version 2 includes a text filter for MathJax. This allows site admins and content editors fine-grained control over which fields apply MathJax formatting. It nullifies the need for the per-path activation setting.
The Drupal 8 beta releases are ready to test.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 1,323 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 8,391
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: February 4, 2015