The module provides a Views style plugin and an API for developers to use maps elsewhere. When the Views style is used, it will display nodes as points on a map. The latitude/longitude points, info balloon contents, map icon, and one or more attributes can be provided by any view fields, including those from CCK. Other settings can be seen on the attached screen shot.
Supported mapping providers include:
- Google Maps
- Yahoo Maps
- Microsoft Virtual Earth
- CloudMade (via OpenLayers)
Roadmap and Versions
The 1.x branch is stable but no longer maintained. All active development is taking place on the 2.x branch, which uses the new version of the Mapstraction library, in addition to many other improvements. The following features are on the development roadmap:
- Exportable map presets, similar to how OpenLayers manages map settings.
- CCK widget for entering and viewing geo data
- Specific support for Geo and Location modules
- The Mapstraction module was initially created by Linnovate. Drupal 6 development was done by diggersf from DevelopmentSeed and dixon_ from NodeOne. Thanks for the amazing contributions.
- Lev Tsypin of Level Online Strategy is the current maintainer and is working on the 6.x-2.x branch. Sponsorship for the initial development provided by ThinkShout and Level OS.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Location, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 45 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 5,806
- Last modified: November 27, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.