This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
The purpose of Inmail is to process incoming email and execute certain actions depending on the content of each message. As its most prominent feature, it readily supports identification of bounce messages (e.g. the recipient address does not exist) and uses the Mailmute send state to avoid sending email to a user whose address has bounced.
Inmail works with Drupal 8 only. See below for a list of similar D7 projects.
- Mailmute for enabling the bounce handling mechanism
See the Release roadmap for intended near-future development.
Similar projects and how they are different
- Bounce is a Drupal 7 project with similar bounce handling capabilities (it also manages IMAP/POP3 fetching). In comparison, Inmail has a more general approach to mail processing.
- Bounce handler is another project (Drupal 7 version unstable) that focuses on bounce processing.
- Mailhandler, also for Drupal 7, is designed to create content from incoming email.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Spam Prevention, User Management, Utility
- Reported installs: 14 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 992
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: February 13, 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.