Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
IMCE is an image/file uploader and browser that supports personal directories and quota.
- Basic file operations: upload, delete
- Image(jpg, png, gif) operations: resize, create thumbnails, preview
- Support for private file system
- Configurable limits for user roles: file size per upload, directory quota, file extensions, and image dimensions
- Personal or shared folders for users
- Permissions per directory
- Ftp-like directory navigation
- File sorting by name, size, dimensions, date
- Tabbed interface for file operations
- Keyboard shortcuts(up, down, insert(or enter), delete, home, end, ctrl+A, R(esize), T(humbnails), U(pload)).
- Built-in support for inline image/file insertion into textareas
- Multiple file selection(using ctrl or shift)
- Ajax file operations
- Themable layout using tpl files
How to integrate into WYSIWYG editors
WYSIWYG API (CKEditor, TinyMCE, etc.): Install IMCE Wysiwyg API bridge and enable IMCE as a plugin in WYSIWYG administration.
CKEditor(standalone module): Admin->Settings->CKEditor profile->File browser settings->IMCE integration
- IMCE may have problem working with Google Analytics and Secure pages modules. Just make sure to add *imce* path to the exceptions list of these modules.
- If IMCE has issues with your custom theme, use ThemeKey Module to set Garland theme for *imce* path:
drupal:path = %token drupal:path:wildcard token * imce
f you have problems with Filefield Sources and IMCE integration you should have a look at this issue and review the last patch provided.. Use IMCE for File Field
- Transliteration: Cleans file names by converting unicode characters to us-ascii which is more URL-friendly.
A demo showing IMCE integrated into CKEditor.
Warning! Private file system security
By default IMCE does not apply any access restrictions while serving the files under the private files directory. This allows anonymous access to any file(/system/files/filename) unless there is a module applying restrictions. You can switch on/off private file serving of IMCE at the administration pages. This does not apply to Public file system which is Drupal's default.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: File Management, Media
- Reported installs: 461,803 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,460,150
- Last modified: April 8, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.