Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Allows to use ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick as image toolkit for Image API in Drupal 7 and 8 core. This integration is based on invoking the convert binary through shell access to process images. The Imagick module is an alternative toolkit module that uses the Imagick PHP extension instead.
- ImageMagick needs to be installed on your server and the convert binary needs to be accessible and executable from PHP.
- The PHP configuration must allow invocation of proc_open() (which is security-wise identical to exec()).
Consult your server administrator or hosting provider if you are unsure about these requirements.
Note: GraphicsMagick, a performance fork of ImageMagick (like Pressflow to Drupal) should work as well. Just replace the
convert executable with
gm in the image toolkit settings.
Installation and configuration
- Install as usual, see http://drupal.org/node/70151 for further information.
- Go to Administration » Configuration » Media » Image toolkit and change the image toolkit to ImageMagick.
- If the
convertbinary cannot be found in the default shell path, you need to enter the full path to ImageMagick's
convertexecutable, including the filename itself.
ImageMagick integration for Drupal evolved through many different projects and developers in the past, and most of the code wouldn't exist without the efforts of:
- James Walker (walkah)
- Darrel O'Pry (dopry)
- Andrew Morton (drewish)
- Dan Morrison (dman)
- Nathan Haug (quicksketch)
Notes on ImageMagick for Drupal 8
The module provides an image toolkit that has 'feature parity' to core's GD toolkit: it includes the framework for integrating ImageMagick to the Image API, and the corresponding image toolkit operations (create_new, convert, crop, desaturate, resize, rotate, scale, scale_and_crop).
By default, the toolkit supports the same image formats of the GD toolkit (GIF, JPEG, PNG). However, it can be configured to manage any of the image formats that ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick binaries support (like e.g. TIFF, SVG, WEBP, BMP, etc.), through image toolkit's configuration admin UI.
Image effects (Automatic Orientation based on Exif, Strip Metadata) and image toolkit operations (auto_orient, sharpen, strip, watermark) that were part of the advanced module in the Drupal 7 version, have been ported to the Image Effects module.
Seefor details and progress.
ImageMagick 8.x-1.0 is in alpha stage. The only issue blocking a stable release is.
Help appreciated on moving on core issuewhich is itself a blocker for .
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Media
- Reported installs: 21,054 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 117,979
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: August 27, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.