Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Imagecache External is a utility module that allows you to store external images on your server and apply your own Image Styles (D7).
Important: to use the module you need to visit admin/config/media/imagecache_external and either:
- Add some domains to the whitelist -or-
- De-activate whitelist functionality
<?php return array( '#theme' => 'imagecache_external', '#path' => 'https://www.drupal.org/files/druplicon.png', '#style_name' => 'thumbnail', '#alt' => 'Druplicon', ); ?>
<?php print theme('imagecache_external', array( 'path' => 'https://www.drupal.org/files/druplicon.png', 'style_name'=> 'thumbnail', 'alt' => 'Druplicon', )); ?>
You can also use external images without coding at all by adding a Text or Link field to a Node Type and then use the Imagecache External Image formatter.
- Images are stored in the site's files folder in an external subdirectory.
- You may flush the fetched external images (note that this does not flush the generated imagecache files) by visiting admin/config/media/imagecache_external/flush
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, File Management, Import/Export, Media, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 4,561 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 122,018
- Last modified: May 29, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.