Imagecache External is a utility module that allows you to store external images on your server and apply your own imagecache (D6) / Image Styles (D7).
To use the module you need to visit admin/config/media/imagecache_external and either:
- Add some domains to the whitelist -or-
- De-activate whitelist functionality
Usage is simplified in Drupal 7 as follows:
print theme('imagecache_external', array(
'path' => 'https://drupal.org/files/druplicon.large_.png',
'alt' => 'Druplicon',
'#theme' => 'imagecache_external',
'#path' => 'https://drupal.org/files/druplicon.large_.png',
'#style_name' => 'thumbnail',
'#alt' => 'Druplicon',
You can also use external images without coding at all by adding an Text or Link field to a Node Type and then use the Imagecache External Image formatter.
- Images are fetched using drupal_http_request so if your server is not configured properly (view the status report) this won't work.
- Images are stored in the site's files folder in an external subdirectory.
- You may flush the fetched external images (note that this does not flush the generated imagecache files) by visiting admin/config/media/imagecache_external/flush
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, File Management, Import/Export, Media, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 2,999 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 923
- Last modified: April 8, 2015