THIS MODULE IS OBSOLETE.
This module allows users with proper permissions to upload images into Drupal. Thumbnails and additional sizes are created automatically.
Images could be posted individually to the front page, included in stories or grouped in galleries.
Image module ships with several add-on modules:
- Image Gallery: Using taxonomy terms, organize and display your uploaded pictures in galleries (include Views support if you have Views 6.x-2.6 or later).
- Image Attach: Allows you to easily attach image nodes to other node types.
- Image Import: Simplify adding multiple images by importing images from a directory on the server.
- ImageMagick Advanced: Adds advanced ImageMagick options such as image sharpening to the ImageMagick image toolkit. This component is unsupported.
- from Drupal 5 to 6: Upgrade to 5.x-2.x first, if you haven't already. Afterwards, try the upgrade to Drupal 6 with 6.x-1.x.
- from Drupal 6 to 7: Image node data may be converted to Image fields using Field convert module; the image_legacy module (in this project's git repository's 7.x-1.x branch) provides the necessary field conversion information.
Always check the release notes before upgrading, and test the upgrade on a development copy of your site first!
Given that (a different) Image module is in Drupal 7 core, the contrib Image module remains minimally maintained now. It won't see any new features. Furthermore, very few developers rely on Image module as a site build component, and hence work on an upgrade path from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7 update is glacial. If you want to see this happen, please consider contributing below. Further details on this here:.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Module categories: Content, File Management, Media
- Reported installs: 21,237 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 643,428
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: September 9, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.