Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
GCal - An implementation of the Google Calendar API for Drupal.
This module implements the API described here: http://code.google.com/apis/calendar/data/2.0/developers_guide.html
The module is intended to be used by other modules who want to import/export to Google calendars.
This module is being developed by Evolving Design.
Create an account in your Drupal admin pages (admin/settings/gcal).
The Google account username and password are stored IN PLAIN TEXT on your database, so do not use this module in a shared server environment.
When the other authentication methods have been implemented, you may choose to use a more secure method.
Create a calendar
$calendar = array( 'title' => 'My Calendar' 'description' => 'Some text' 'locale' => 'en_US', 'public' => TRUE ); $gcal_id = gcal_create_calendar($calendar); // using default account // Store $gcal_id for further reference.
See documentation for more parameters.
Get and update events
$events = gcal_find_events($start_min, $start_max, $gmail_account_email); // $events contains an array of events. $events['title'] = "New title"; $success = gcal_update_event($events);
Create a new event
$event = array( 'title' => "Happy 4th of July Partyy", 'start' => "2010-07-04T150000.000", 'end' => "2010-07-04T210000.000", 'description' => 'A big fireworks show!' ); $success = gcal_create_event($event, $gmail_account_email);
The API is fairly large, but implementation should go quickly. Here's the list of priorities, as of now.
- Finish implementing authentication protocols to remove necessity of storing password in clear text. This will be important for users on shared hosts.
- Retrieve calendar lists.
- Complete implementation of calendar creation with all parameters available.
- Settings retrieval.
- Complete implementation of event creation with all parameters available.
- Expanded event management, ie. retrieving without query parameters and with full-text searches.
- Recurring events.
- Completely implement sharing management.
- Completely implement subscription management.
- Reminders and notifications.
- Extended properties.
- GeoRSS data.
- Partial response/request.
- Batch operations.
- Quick add events.
- Calendar events gadgets.
Developed by: Sadashiv
This module uses google api php client refer http://code.google.com/p/google-api-php-client/ to interact with google and manage calendars
GAuth - Required for authenticating with google.
$params = array( 'Summary' => 'My Calendar', //Title of the calendar ); gcal_calendar_create($params, 'Calendar_Account'); //Calendar_Account is the name of the oauth2 account managed with the help of GAuth.
$params = array( 'Summary' => 'My Event', //Title of the event 'Start' => '2012-12-24 12:30:00', 'End' => '2012-12-24 14:30:00', 'Timezone' => 'Asia/Calcutta' ); gcal_event_create($params, 'Calendar_id', 'Calendar_Account'); //Calendar_Account is the name of the oauth2 account managed with the help of GAuth.
For more details and other functions refer EXAMPLE.txt in the module folder
1 Create, update, delete, get secondary Calendars.
2 Fetch single Calendar setting and list of settings
3 Fetch Color settings
4 Create, update, delete, get, move Events.
5 Create, delete, get Acl
6 Create, update, delete, get CalendarList.
7 FreeBusy checking with events, quickAdd for events Current release includes
8 Import events and other features
1. Google Calendar List insert throws error. Issue registered at https://code.google.com/p/google-api-php-client/issues/detail?id=258&sta...
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 190 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,991
- Last modified: July 31, 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!