Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Footermap is a dynamic site map generator for Drupal that allows a site builder to place a "footer" site map block into any region. This provides an out-of-the-box menu display similar to the majority of web sites that have a footer-based site map.
It is highly-configurable, supports translation and caching using core functionality, and allows for changes to CSS and markup compared to the more traditional theme layer-based implementations such as seen in Bartik in Drupal 7 (comparison right).
- Place a Footermap block instance on the Block layout administration page.
- Configure the behavior of the block:
- Set the recurse limit to limit how many menu children will be displayed.
- Enable menu heading to display the Menu as the header.
- Set the top menu link to change which menu link will be considered the first menu link.
- Choose which menus to display in this block.
- Change any necessary markup or CSS in your theme.
How it works
In Drupal 7 and below, it generates a site map as a block placed in the footer region by default. It recursively searches through the base menu id (mlid) and outputs a basic list of links ordered by sub-menus. It will also search for url_aliases if the path.module is enabled.
In Drupal 8, Footermap will be generated based off of the menu tree instead of pulling from the database layer to make more efficient use of cache.
- 8.x: 1.1 released.
- 7.x: 1.3 released.
- 6.x: Please use 6.x-1.x-dev. No new features will be added after this.
- 5.x: Stable with very old features and scope.
- 4.x: Stable with very old features and scope.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Site Navigation
- Reported installs: 1,337 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 33,602
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: February 27, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.