Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
#D8CX: FillPDF had a full Drupal 8 release on the day Drupal 8 was released. (Issue:)
What does this module do?
Most PDF modules generate PDFs from scratch; FillPDF is not one of those modules. Instead, it lets you fill in existing editable PDFs with data from your Drupal site. Editable PDFs are those forms that let you type into them. Read more.
8.x-4.x and 7.x-1.x are the latest recommended releases
New features will be developed in 8.x-4.x. There is not yet a migration from the 7.x versions to 8.x-4.x.
7.x-1.x will, in general, receive backwards-compatible backports from 8.x-4.x.
To learn about how to use all module features, see the documentation.
- Fill PDFs with node, Webform, (D7) Ubercart, (D8) any entity tokens (includes CCK (D6)/field (D7, D8) tokens).
- Stamp images (signatures, for example) on to PDFs. (There are limitations.)
- Export and import field mappings - useful when a PDF has changed and been re-uploaded
- Save the generated PDF to a file in public or private storage instead of issuing a download to the user's browser. Or do both.
- Transform field values: Replace field values after the mappings have been processed. For example, replace 1 with Yes to cause a checkbox to be checked in the PDF, which may need a different value for this than the field provides. Useful if you don't want to change the field values just to satisfy the PDF.
- Rules integration: This allows you to, for example, send a filled PDF form upon submission of a node. Add Webform Rules for Webform compatibility. Documentation.
- See http://drupal.org/documentation/modules/fillpdf for instructions on installing and using FillPDF. If it doesn't answer your questions, try searching the issue queue as well.
- You can likely find some past presentations on the module in Google | DuckDuckGo
- Issue queue: The most reliable way to get help is the issue queue. This lets other people see your questions and benefit as well. Keep in mind that response time varies. Sometimes you'll get a reply the same day, and other times it may take weeks. You may need or want to seek paid support or a FillPDF Service subscription (as below) if you need urgent help.
- IRC/drupal.org contact form: If you can catch me (wizonesolutions) on IRC, I might have time to answer a quick question. I usually don't. Same goes for the contact form. IRC note: Talk to me publicly if you do. I ignore unexpected private messages.
- FillPDF Service subscription: As mentioned on the site, paying subscribers get better support.
Paid consulting and support is also an option, subject to availability. Inquire for details.
Who uses FillPDF?
Please get in touch if you'd like to be added to this list.
- University of Waterloo
- FillPDF Service (of course!)
- Many other unnamed souls (see installation count below)
Help fund development
Get in touch if you'd like to sponsor development, and we can figure something out.
Development Plans (as of 30 November 2015)
- Time permitting, backport major 8.x enhancements (namely support for entity tokens and improved private file handling code) to 7.x.
- FillPDF Service and WizOne Solutions (disclaimer: these are my businesses).
- Tom D. Davidson - sponsored field-value transformation and save-as-file features for Drupal 6
- Special thank you to schWeb, LLC - helped get support for filling images fixed in Drupal 6
- FoxyLearning LLC helped get FillPDF working with Webform 4.x.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Commerce/Advertising, Content, E-commerce, File Management, Rules
- Reported installs: 1,200 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 32,422
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: September 27, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.