Field Defaults allows batch updating of default field values to existing content. When adding a new field to an entity you can update all existing content with the default value or when editing an existing field you can choose to also update all existing content with the new value.
All existing content is overwritten with the new value.
Drupal 8 Version
- Supports any entity type (except those without bundles:
- Language status:
Drupal 7 Version
- Supports any fieldable entity types
- Supports node translation and field translation.
*NOTE: Due to the nature of the module, it is highly recommended you backup your database prior to updating defaults on existing content or perform updates first in a development environment to confirm results.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK), Fields
- Reported installs: 395 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,621
- Last modified: February 8, 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.