Native-like tapping for touch apps
FastClick is a simple, easy-to-use library for eliminating the 300ms delay between a physical tap and the firing of a click event on mobile browsers. The aim is to make your application feel less laggy and more responsive while avoiding any interference with your current logic.
When using Drush, a development version of the library will be automatically downloaded when you enable the module. Command
drush fastclick-download is also available.
If you are not using drush:
- Install Libraries API 2.x
- Download fastclick.js and place it in sites/all/libraries/fastclick/fastclick.js:
mkdir -P sites/all/libraries/fastclick cd sites/all/libraries/fastclick/ wget https://raw.github.com/ftlabs/fastclick/master/lib/fastclick.js
- Install and enable this module
How to use
By default the fastclick behaviour will be in effect in every page of your website.
If you want to attach the library only when you want, set the
fastclick_enable_everywhere variable to
FALSE. See also Using Libraries API 2.x (as a module-developer).
Note that you can still keep the old click behaviour in specific DOM elements, adding to them the needsclick class. See https://github.com/ftlabs/fastclick for more details and instructions.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 1,065 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 5,750
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.